Lucky for Life
Lucky for Life is a fun lottery which is easy to play and offers guaranteed financial freedom forever, with a top prize of $1,000 a day for life. The game is drawn every Monday and Thursday night at 10.35PM and there are ten different ways to win.
Players can purchase tickets from authorised Michigan Lottery retailers for the chance to win. See the latest winning Lucky for Life numbers below.
How to Play
Lucky for Life tickets cost $2 each and anyone over the age of 18 can play by visiting authorised Michigan Lottery retailers. Follow the steps below to enter Lucky for Life in-store.
- Visit any Michigan Lottery retailer to fill in a Lucky for Life playslip.
- Pick five numbers between 1 and 48 and a Lucky Ball number from a separate pool of 1 to 18. You can either select your own numbers or have a random combination chosen for you by marking the ‘Easy Pick’ option.
- You can enter up to 30 consecutive drawings. Write the number of draws you wish to enter in the ‘multiple draw wagers’ section.
- Pay the retailer for your ticket and keep it safe.
- Look up the Lucky for Life results online to find out if you are a winner.
If you already have a ticket from a draw within the previous 31 days, you can ask for a Replay. The same numbers will then be reprinted in time for the next available draw.
Ticket Purchase Cut-Off Times
- Tickets for the next draw are available until 9.04PM on the night of the drawing.
- Ticket sales resume for the subsequent draw at 9.05PM on the night of the drawing.
Prizes and Odds
To win the top prize in Lucky for Life, you must match all five main white balls and the Lucky Ball. You can then choose to receive either $1,000 every day for the rest of your life or a cash sum of $5.75 million. The following table shows all the different prize tiers and the odds of winning.
All prizes are fixed, but the second and third level prizes may be reduced if there are multiple winners.
|Match 5 + Lucky Ball||1 in 30,821,472||$1,000 a day for life
(cash option of $5.75 million)
|Match 5||1 in 1,813,028||$25,000 a year for life
(cash option of $390,000)
|Match 4 + Lucky Ball||1 in 143,356||$5,000|
|Match 4||1 in 8,433||$200|
|Match 3 + Lucky Ball||1 in 3,414||$150|
|Match 3||1 in 201||$20|
|Match 2 + Lucky Ball||1 in 250||$25|
|Match 2||1 in 15||$3|
|Match 1 + Lucky Ball||1 in 50||$6|
|Lucky Ball||1 in 33||$4|
Overall odds of Winning: 1 in 8.
Anyone who wins the top prize (Match 5 + Lucky Ball) or the second prize (Match 5) can decide to take their prize payment for life or a cash option. The cash option has to be requested within 60 days of the prize being claimed.
How to Claim a Prize
Michigan Lottery prizes expire one year after the date of a drawing. Any prize unclaimed by this time will be distributed in accordance with state lottery regulations. Please note, if you purchased your Lucky for Life ticket in one of the other participating states besides Michigan, you will not be able to claim your prize in MI. You will need to return to the state where you made the purchase.
How to claim prizes varies slightly depending on how much you have won. Visit the Claiming Prizes page for more information.